GunFreedomRadio EP363 2022 AZ US Senate Race with Major General Mick McGuire
Our guest today is Major General Mick McGuire. Major General Michael T. McGuire, US Air Force (Retired) has dedicated nearly 38 years of his life to serving our country. From navigating aerial combat over Iraq to negotiating with state and federal legislators, “Mick” has a proven track record of leading diverse teams through challenging situations.
From 2013-2021, McGuire served as the Adjutant General of the Arizona National Guard and, more recently, as the current Chairman of the Board for the National Guard Association of the United States, which is the voice for nearly 45,000 current and former National Guard officers throughout the country.
The McGuire family has deep roots in Arizona, dating back to the 1930s, when his great grandfather settled in the state. Major General McGuire, USAF (Ret.) upheld this legacy, having lived in Arizona for much of his adult life. And now "Mick" McGuire is a 2022 Candidate for AZ U.S. Senate Seat.
1) The state of AZ currently has two Liberal Democrats serving as US Senators, Kyrsten Sinema and Mark Kelly. You are running as a strong Constitutionalist Republican candidate. What makes you uniquely qualified to hold one of the seats of US Senator for AZ?
2) Stepping into the rough and tumble arena of Politics is not an easy decision. Was there a lightning rod moment that caused you to decide to run for US Senate, or was it a culmination of things?
3) You recently spoke at the Annual Meeting for the AZ State Rifle & Pistol Association. In your speech you described a time in which you were pressured to overstep the US Constitution by people in very high places. Please tell our audience about this incident and how you handled it.
4) Should you be elected, how will you use your role as US Senator to impact our Second Amendment Rights?
5) Besides the Second Amendment, what are the other major issues here in AZ that you will be working on from the Federal level of government should you be elected?