GunFreedomRadio EP191 The Ameri-CAN Series: Caring for Mental Health, Mike Sodini & Jake Wiskerchen
We are doing a series called Ameri-CAN. Talking about the CAN-DO spirit that is part of our American DNA. So much about our lives has been turned upside down by this Corona Virus / Covid-19, and we have been hearing a lot about what we CAN’T do and where we CAN’T go, but our guests during this series are going to talk to us about their area of expertise and all of the ways we still CAN learn and grow, train, connect, and expand our freedoms in ways we maybe haven’t thought about before.
Our guests today are Michael Sodini, Founder of Walk The Talk America and Jake Wiskerchen, the co-founder, co-owner, and chief clinical officer at Zephyr Wellness, a mental health outpatient practice in northern Nevada. (And a couple of very special guests at the very end of our chat! Be sure to watch until the end!)
During this time fear, loss and having our daily routines restricted one thing we don’t hear enough about is how all of that impacts us emotionally.
1) Jake, talk to us, from a mental health professional’s perspective, what are you seeing people struggle with and how are you offering them help?
2) Michael, when you started WTTA, no one could have imagined HOW important it would be to have your organization up and running. At WTTA you have some free and anonymous tools available – what are those and how do people accss them?
3) Jake, you are also helping to train the helpers. You and I met at an event in Reno, NV where you were part of bridging the communication and culture gap between Mental Health Professionals and clients who might be gun owners. And now there are literally millions more first-time gun owners, so the timing could not have been more important. How is that bridge-building going?
4) Mike, WTTA is a not-for-profit organization – for people who have a heart to help continue and further the work you are doing, how can they donate?
5) How do people find and follow you both and the work you do?