GunFreedomRadio EP196 The Ameri-CAN Series: Surviving Being Stalked & Defenseless with Nikki Goeser
We are doing a series called Ameri-CAN. Talking about the CAN-DO spirit that is part of our American DNA. So much about our lives has been turned upside down by this Corona Virus / Covid-19, and we have been hearing a lot about what we CAN’T do and where we CAN’T go, but our guests during this series are going to talk to us about their area of expertise and all of the ways we still CAN learn and grow, train, connect, and expand our freedoms in ways we maybe haven’t thought about before.
Our guest today is Nikki Goeser. Nikki is a survivor of a deadly crime in a gun-free zone where she lost her husband at the hands of her stalker.
Nikki is the author of “Stalked and Defenseless: How Gun Control Helped My Stalker Murder My Husband in Front of Me.”
1) Nikki, you have experienced first-hand how, perhaps well-meaning, people have voted in laws that helped – not you – not your husband – but rather the man who stalked you relentlessly and ultimately murdered your husband. I always hate to ask you to go back to the worst moments of your life and recount those horrible events, but to help our audience understand how evil takes advantage of us and our “Common Sense” laws, please walk us through the events that ended in your husband being murdered in front of your eyes.
2) You used that tragedy to fuel your activism and advocacy. And that continues today. What did you do in the State of TN to begin making it a safer place for its citizens?
3) You and I are both Delegates of The DC Project – a grassroots effort of women from all over the US to help spread the message of Education NOT Legislation. What has been your experience of meeting with and talking with various elected law-makers?
4) This series is about being an Ameri-CAN – what can people do right now – even while living the #QuarantineLife to help make their cities and states safer and more free for themselves and their neighbors?
5) What is the status of your legal case against your husband’s murderer?