GunFreedomRadio EP200 The Ameri-CAN Series: Teaching Children About Liberty with Connor Boyack
We are doing a series called Ameri-CAN. Talking about the CAN-DO spirit that is part of our American DNA. So much about our lives has been turned upside down by this Corona Virus / Covid-19, and we have been hearing a lot about what we CAN’T do and where we CAN’T go, but our guests during this series are going to talk to us about their area of expertise and all of the ways we still CAN learn and grow, train, connect, and expand our freedoms in ways we maybe haven’t thought about before.
Our guest today is Connor Boyack. Connor is founder and president of Libertas Institute, a free market think tank in Utah.
Named one of Utah’s most politically influential people by The Salt Lake Tribune, Connor’s leadership has led to dozens of legislative victories spanning a wide range of areas such as privacy, government transparency, property rights, drug policy, education, personal freedom, and more.
A public speaker and author of 21 books, Connor is best known for The Tuttle Twins books, a children’s series introducing young readers to economic, political, and civic principles.
1) You have distilled important works like Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” into a story that young children (and adults) can understand and use in their own lives. Where did the idea come from to write this series?
2) Young adults seem to be far too eager to push Freedom away. Why do you think young adults in this generation are struggling to embrace Freedom?
3) Do you have a favorite Tuttle Twin book?
4) Tell us about your other books.
- Feardom: How Politicians Exploit Your Emotions and What You Can Do to Stop Them
- Lessons from a Lemonade Stand