GunFreedomRadio EP305 Kiwanis Club for SAFE Kids with Gina Roberts & Derek LeBlanc
Our guest today is Gina Roberts & Derek LeBlanc.
"Gina" Roberts is a competitive shooter, is one of the CA Delegates to The DC Project, serves as the President Emeritas of the San Diego Log Cabin Republicans as well as the President of the Escondido Republican Women Federated. Gina is one of the faces chosen to grace the 2019 TIME Magazine Cover dedicated to discussing "Guns In America", and Gina is also the President of the Kiwanis Club of Southern California for SAFE Kids.
Derek LeBlanc, is the founder and president of the Kids S.A.F.E. Foundation, the 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, based out of Eugene, Oregon. Kid S.A.F.E. as the goal to educate children and families on firearm safety and accident prevention. ZERO Firearm Accidents is the only acceptable goal!!
1) Let's start with Derek and his work to create Kid S.A.F.E.
- a non-partisan, non-political, non-advocacy group aligned gun safety program that can be taught to kids in schools and other venues.
2) Gina, fortune favors the involved. You dedicate a huge portion of your time to teaching firearms safety to adults, and you recently recognized a way to help Derek in his efforts to empower kids with safety education. Talk to us about how Kiwanis intersects with all of this.
-the creation of a political inert organization under Kiwanis to fight for that advocacy purely under the banner of Gun Safety for kids, no shooting, no gun handling, just what to do around guns.
3) Derek, how does S.A.F.E. Kids help parents understand their responsibilities?
4) Gina, you were recently in our nation's Capitol with the DC Project and we had a brief moment to chat with you, Dianna Muller and Rhonda Mary before your meetings with Legislators. Can you give us a quick debrief of how those meetings went?